At the moment we speak concerning the Garmin Fenix3 HR that I purchased on Amazon just because it value so much lower than in different shops each on-line and bodily throughout Black Friday. Let's say instantly that that is my sixth health watch outfitted with GPS and the 4th Garmin I exploit, along with the varied health bracelets not outfitted with GPS, however I really feel discouraged in case your intent is to significantly monitor your bodily actions.
Or the similar Sapphire model, with sapphire crystal, and burnished bezel
right here the number of these proposed at decrease costs new and used
- 1 👍 Professional:
- 2 👎 Cons:
- 3 Package deal contents:
- 4 Why I obtained the Fenix3 HR :
- 5 Fenix3 HR in two phrases:
- 6 Because it seems:
- 7 What to do first:
- 8 Hyperlink to Garmin Join Cellular:
- 9 Pulse detection:  The everlasting dilemma, however are the beats detected by these watches correct? The reply is NI … let's face it, the band will all the time be above the detection of a wristwatch, particularly on sudden modifications and within the preliminary levels of coaching. Values might be influenced by numerous elements, tattoos, hair and the place the place it’s worn. I personally have by no means given an excessive amount of weight, I maintain it tight once I begin a exercise, and I’ve all the time had passable outcomes, and that they enhance with every new watch that I modify, additionally because of the know-how that makes progress. The band stays the most effective answer, even if you wish to enhance the info of your exercises with the dynamics of operating. Which band Cardio?
- 10 Clock Mode:
- 11 The Garmin Join app
- Detection tick 24h / 24 even from the wrist with out the band (though with the band the measurements might be extra exact in fact)
- Bluetooth and Wifi (connects by way of bluetooth to the smartphone however can obtain knowledge by way of the wifi even with out having the smartphone with you
- suitable GPS and GLONASS (extra precision)
- Notifications of the app (calls, sms, mail, whatsapp, and so forth. by putting in Garmin join in your smartphone you’ll be able to obtain notifications from any app)
- Join IQ further Garmin pp downloadable (from quadrants clocks to totally different knowledge fields in coaching)
- Reside monitor (risk to share the coaching in actual time if related by way of bluetooth to a smartphone with lively web connection)
- Battery life (virtually 20 hours in regular GPS mode as much as 6 weeks in regular clock mode)
- pedometer (subsequently in coaching it additionally detects the cadence of steps)
- sleep detector
- Three-axis compass
- navigation perform (follows a route you loaded or guides you again to the beginning, doesn’t have the maps to know us, out there on the Fenix5 X
- Coaching features and preset sport profiles
- Operating dynamics (requires further sensors comparable to HRM-Run Fascia Cardio or Garmin Operating Dynamic Pod)
- recharge by way of its particular accent and never with the basic micro-usb  massive and heavy, with my little wrist it turns into annoying to make use of all of it day and in the course of the race the protruding bone of the wrist dents me
- out of manufacturing changed by Fenix5
Earlier than going into the assessment I'll inform you immediately that it's not anymore the prime quality of Garmin, however it was outmoded by the Fenix5, out there in Three variations.
The primary enhancements of the Fenix 5 are:
- longer battery life (from 16 to 24h most with GPS lively in probably the most parsimonious mode )
- display decision that from 218 × 218 goes to 240 × 240
- barely lowered dimensions the 52mm case goes to 47mm (preserving the load unchanged although) in the usual model, 42mm the S model and 51mm the X model
- New parameters for efficiency evaluation, superior physiological metrics, post-training analysis all software program features which are good to have, however they don’t seem to be actually important for my part
It's as much as you to determine if it goes Worth distinction
As well as, on the finish of 2018 they introduced the Fenix5 Plus which, along with what has simply been talked about, has the navigation maps (already current in Fenix5X) and the likelihood to add music and take heed to it by way of of the bluetooth headphones (right here too, nothing new, this perform was already current within the mannequin Forerunner 645 Music):
Worth: EUR 608.63
From: EUR 699.99
Worth: EUR 443.99
From: EUR 499.99
Worth: EUR 527.00
From: EUR 699.00
Package deal contents:
- Fenix3 HR
- USB charging cable with particular connection for the half clock (see photograph)
- paper manuals of primary directions for the primary use in a thousand languages together with Italian (the entire guide in PDF is retrievable on-line from the Garmin website right here)
Why I obtained the Fenix3 HR :
In a couple of years I moved from the Forerunning 405 which was already a very good gadget in 2011, however after years I’ve evaluated one thing extra full, and I received the Garmin Forerunner 225
that glad me, then I went to this Garmin Forerunner 235
that glad me much more and say that for me that I run and I don’t do different sports activities, it was greater than sufficient. I had by no means had a multisport watch, and I by no means felt the necessity not working towards Triathlon, however now that the costs of the Fenix3 HR have lowered significantly I made a decision to take it as a result of I’ve all the time seen it as the gorgeous and unattainable mannequin we are saying, and I used to be curious to attempt it. This explains how I discovered myself on the wrist this Fenix3 HR
Fenix3 HR in two phrases:
With this gadget, I actually respect the continual pulse beat detection and the direct connection to the cell phone to obtain knowledge and for replace it, the elegant and necessary line. I like to recommend it (as a health watch generally) to all those that need to play sports activities whereas holding monitor of their profile, coaching periods, races and all that’s desired. The consolation of pulse beat detection together with the BT connection to the smartphone are two goodies that will let you load all the info routinely with out having to fret concerning the cardio belt, and the add of knowledge. Nevertheless, they’re all attainable issues with the earlier fashions I had, however I like to recommend it as a result of it has extra:
- navigation perform (with out maps however solely routes) with relative choice again to base
- altimeter, compass and barometer
- wifi connection to obtain knowledge (not important, can do every little thing by connecting to the smartphone)
- compatibility with ANT + sensors
- multisport mode important to do triathlon (not current in my earlier Garmin)
- stopwatch  temperature sensor (fairly ineffective having it on the arm all the time detects temperatures larger than environmental)
- physiological metrics
- Because of the built-in cardio sensor, Fēnix3 can estimate some physiological metrics and supply indications about coaching even with out coronary heart price belt : the VO2max, the anaerobic threshold, the discover of restoration and the forecast of the occasions within the race. By associating the HRM-Run band to Fēnix3 you’ll have a extra full evaluation, with indication of the efficiency situation and the stress degree, in addition to the superior journey dynamics: the swing of the torso, the contact time with the bottom, the stability between proper and left foot, the cadence and the size of the stride
Then again, nevertheless, a thickness and a a lot higher weight, in comparison with the fashions that I beforehand tried to you the selection, I’ve already completed mine, I went to Garmin Forerunner 935
quickly I’ll dedicate myself to evaluation that additionally intimately.
Utilizing the Garmin Join or PC app you’ll be able to graphically see the typical of the beat within the 24h and discover out additionally your pulse throughout sleep, incredible, it isn’t the primary watch that permits me however I couldn’t do with out.
One other helpful factor are notifications of the app, any app however after every week I’ve utterly disabled as a result of I used to be bothered by the vibration and / or steady beep each time they wrote me on whatsapp, so I left it just for the calls. Sure this can be a flaw, it will have been helpful to have the ability to depart notifications, however be capable of flip off each vibration and sound, and make them seem solely on display, at the very least I might have appreciated, even when I understand go towards the idea of notification, a perform so little invasive. Nevertheless, there’s additionally the non-disturbing mode, to briefly block all notifications, manually or at sure occasions.
Because it seems:
Certainly the Fenix3 line is sporty, however probably the most elegant among the many Garmin, completely non-plastic, and with a beautiful, strong design, the case is product of chrome steel coated with fiberglass, barely thinner than the earlier mannequin Fenix2, however even heavier with its 85 grams. Being designed for multisport, it couldn’t be waterproof, in reality it resists as much as 100 meters, however on this I can solely belief what Garmin says, I’ve by no means used it in depth, at most a number of swimming pools within the pool. The Show is superb, no studying difficulties in any mild situation, additionally because of the Chroma anti-glare know-how and LED backlighting. The dimensions of 1.2 “and the decision of 218 × 218 pixels are enough to have an excellent view of all of the characters within the quadrant, and of the map in navigation.
What to do first:
The Garmin will most certainly include software program not up to date, and remembering the issues of the primary replace had with 225, I most popular to go the previous means, join it to the PC and replace it by way of Garmin Join. With out this you’ll simplify your life so much, with out risking to go loopy like me to know why it was not related to the telephone (expertise of 225). This will not be important, actually of its the primary reference to the smartphone, it ought to notify the replace and permit it by way of Bluetooth or Wifi if configured.
After downloading the app from the suitable Retailer (suitable with Android and Iphone) allow Bluetooth on the watch and put it in connection mode SETTINGS ==> BLUETOOTH ==> ASSIGN DEVICE MOBILE
From the app as an alternative go into units, affiliate new system
IMPORTANT: don’t attempt to join it by way of bluetooth from the telephone menu as you do for earphones to know one another, it doesn’t work.
The screenshot is the one made with my earlier Garmin, don’t worry, the substance stays the identical.
Consideration: Many customers have reported anomalies of reference to sure fashions of Huawei Smartphone verified compatibility on the lookout for somebody who has the identical your telephone earlier than, to keep away from disagreeable surprises.  Exercise mode:
Quite simple and intuitive menu to set knowledge to show, the whole lot works to verify forwards and backwards after a couple of minutes you’ll have already got a sure mastery together with your new watch, for those who already come from a Garmin shall be even simpler . Right here an instance of the passage between the menu, to activate the Digital Companion
a click on on the beginning button to activate the coaching mode, routinely begins the seek for GPS, Bluetooth connection to the smartphone (if beforehand set on the telephone the Garmin Join app Cellular) and the cardiac detector. Right now you’ll be able to choose totally different actions from operating, biking, as much as a number of and probably the most disparate preset, or selectable from the app some disabled as a default mode. Clearly, await the GPS sign (quick connection outside) and you may depart. The viewable knowledge might be set from the menu, as on all the opposite Garmin fashions, permitting as much as four knowledge per display, totally different screens, the cardio display, the map display and the coaching display in case you are operating a saved exercise, and the clock mode. It’s also attainable to obtain additional knowledge fields that may be displayed throughout coaching by way of Join IQ
Snug backlighting that prompts mechanically when the step is modified o turning the heart beat within the coaching or if we go outdoors the set threshold or out of the monitor if we’re following a monitor
Begin, cease and intermittent coaching in progress occur with the beginning and again buttons as in a traditional stopwatch. 19659026]
Press and maintain the sunshine button to activate a kind of fast menu with the primary features and subsequently all features stay out there even in coaching mode
Pulse detection: 
The everlasting dilemma, however are the beats detected by these watches correct? The reply is NI … let's face it, the band will all the time be above the detection of a wristwatch, particularly on sudden modifications and within the preliminary levels of coaching. Values might be influenced by numerous elements, tattoos, hair and the place the place it’s worn. I personally have by no means given an excessive amount of weight, I maintain it tight once I begin a exercise, and I’ve all the time had passable outcomes, and that they enhance with every new watch that I modify, additionally because of the know-how that makes progress. The band stays the most effective answer, even if you wish to enhance the info of your exercises with the dynamics of operating.
Which band Cardio?
The cardio belt, on this system shouldn’t be important, however very helpful. As I stated earlier than, the Fenix3 HR has the guts fee detection on the wrist, however the coronary heart fee belt, as on all units, improves the detection of heartbeat, let's say the reality, it’s extra exact, and a few of these permit to measure even journey metrics. In case you need to purchase one, then, think about nicely which one to decide on, as a result of there are 5 totally different Garmin originals, extra suitable than different manufacturers.
Right here a comparative desk, with the traits of the totally different bands.
Right here the Hyperlink to the shop of Garmin however on Ebay all of them value much less, verify your self:
 Testing and evaluating knowledge
What’s the easiest way to confirm the info collected? Maintain two in your wrist for a couple of days after which examine the info. I did the check utilizing a costlier and newer Garmin Forerunner 935, and the outcomes of this Garmin Fenix3 HR proved to be completely consistent with regards to steps, heartbeats and distances in actions, rather less for knowledge detected by sleep, however however I’m glad with the outcomes obtained. I feel the variations detected on sleep are because of the night time actions of 1 arm in comparison with the opposite in line with me.
I depart you the screens of the info collected each throughout a bodily exercise, that measuring steps and sleep throughout a few days. Having used Garmin Join on two smartphones with totally different display decision, the info will not be completely aligned visually, I hope you possibly can examine all of them the identical.
On the left the info of the Fenix3 HR, on the proper these of the Forerunner 935.
Exercise Comparability Race
On the left the info of the Fenix3 HR, on the proper these of the Forerunner 935. Sufficient linear distances and velocity over time, aside on each units two incorrect on the spot peaks, however within the complete size the info are passable. The identical applies to the guts. The depth zones don’t even take a look at them, not having the identical subdivision of zones (totally different profiles not completely aligned)
Let's see the way it works, when the Garmin Fenix3 HR is in clock mode, you’ll be able to even disconnect it from the telephone to save lots of battery (however it doesn’t eat a lot) and we’ll solely see the time and date. From this mode it is going to be potential to see:
- steps taken through the day
- steps of at the moment's objective
- plans climbed and descended
- distance (estimated including the steps not in gps plus the space of the coaching if carried out)
- energy burned
- immediate heartbeat measurement and chart of the final four hours
- and a number of other different widgets with totally different features however some want the smartphone related by way of Bluetooth, together with Climate, Calendar, Media Participant Controls
All knowledge referring to sleep and steps may be seen intimately on cellular or on of a PC by way of Garmin join
The info might be synchronized routinely to every BT connection to the telephone or USB to the PC (if Garmin Join put in)
Along with the dials preloaded by Garmin, it’s potential to and to obtain extra watch dials by way of Join IQ, I'll offer you some examples of what I've used from normal to downloaded:
The Garmin Join app
A key half to taking full benefit of the watch is its Garmin Join app, via which you’ll be able to see the statistics in your knowledge at present, the actions you’ve got achieved, set the clock and sensible notifications, and obtain the contents Join IQ
Some screenshots of instance
Conclusions:  Even when exceeded, the Fenix3 HR stays a prime quality, full, sporty and stylish. The measured knowledge are passable, aside from a couple of instances of error within the measurement of altimetry reported by totally different customers. I can advocate the acquisition for those who discover it at a worth under € 300 and if you don’t think about the dimensions and its weight isn’t actually irrelevant.
Worth: See on Amazon.it
Worth: EUR 486.50
From: EUR 599.99
Comply with us on Fb, Google Plus, Tumblr, Twitter and Telegram, to remain in contact with us and our guides.
And on Instagram you possibly can comply with me if you wish to see what else I do in addition to making an attempt issues 🙂 
Runner, beer drinker, enthusiastic about info know-how, know-how, images, power saving, house automation and automation, every little thing that goes across the Web.