The Bang & Olufsen with this speaker BeoPlay A1 is aimed toward a really demanding market niche, considering the listing worth of € 249.99 clients are normal anticipate a lot, and actually won’t be dissatisfied by design and high quality sound, however let's find out together intently
I attempted to summarize every little thing with PRO and CONTRO, then I specified in detail all the working points and my impressions of use
Suitable for many who like it pay attention Only quality music wherever you’re without paying too much consideration
Certainly the perfect Bluetooth speaker I might check, but in addition the costliest.
- 1 👍 Pro:
- 2 👎 Cons:
- 3 Package deal contents:
- 4 Description:
- 5 Connection technique:
- 6 Keys, LEDs and operation:
- 7 Listening to music:
- 8 Immune to water splashes :
- 9 Operation of two units simultaneously in stereo:
- 10 App Beoplay: (out there for Android and Ios)
- 11 Firmware update:
- 12 Battery:
- 13 The mystery of the synchronized keys:
- 14 Conclusions:
- stratospheric quantity (touched the 90 Db)
- wonderful audio high quality up to the maximum volume
- Bluetooth 4.2 and risk of connecting two units simultaneously
- Aux socket (the only one examined that does not make noise at low volumes)  USB sort C socket (new commonplace) and using the cable provided with the PC connects and transmits the sound by way of USB Fantastico
- good sturdy design
- proof splash proof see photograph (even if it has no IP certification)
- integrated speakerphone for the telephone (I feel the thought is impractical on a speaker however from time to time it may be helpful and the microphone 🎤 additionally works nicely)
- risk to connect 2 of them in stereo at the similar time (if in case you have 500 € you don't know easy methods to spend 💸)
- Excellent autonomy however unattainable the 24h promises, perhaps on the minimal quantity, I exceed the 8 hours at medium quantity
- annoying rustling of about + 3-Four dB when turned on but without music operating
- nice design keys hidden but impractical in normal use
- Android app undoubtedly less than scratch and not very helpful in case you solely have one
- Speaker volume keys not synchronized with the Android quantity for the first week of use (as different reviewers report) then inexplicably synchronized (defined intimately in a small chapter on the end of the assessment)
- a micro SD card reader is lacking (not I contemplate it indispensable but I point it out
- absent assistance (I’ll update you on the response occasions, for now no reply)
Package deal contents:
- Speaker B&O A1
- Three.5 cable male aux jack double mm
- charging cable USB – USB sort C
- Mild guide with few writings in numerous languages additionally Italian 🇮🇹 and lots of drawings explaining the essential operations
We all know, B&O takes care of even the smallest details and this BeoPlay A1 is designed by a famous Danish designer Cecilie Manz who had already also designed the A2 and Beolit15 in earlier years.
Undoubtedly very lovely in its simplicity. The pictures higher clarify this idea of Hello tech and Classic on the similar time, with its circular case in anodized inexperienced perforated aluminum, with the keys utterly invisible if it weren’t for the writings that determine them, positioned around on the rubberized base that continues till it covers every part the underside. Aligned with the keys laterally we discover the Aux enter and the usb-c socket. These keys, though simple and intuitive in their use, are notably inconvenient to use because they’re virtually utterly imperceptible to the touch and in addition barely visible to the eyes in case you are not in good lighting circumstances.
To offer a Vintage touch we consider the leather-based strap with green anodized aluminum pendant engraved with the B&O emblem.
Alternative ways of use:
We change it on utilizing the Power button (holding it down for about 2 seconds) and a beep welcomes us into the world of bluetooth and waits for a connection, the LED mild is illuminated in white and when you have not accomplished the configuration but as a result of it is the first ignition nothing will occur till you press the button on the other aspect with the bluetooth image (for about 2 seconds), at that second the LED will flip blue and begin flashing to point the pairing mode.
Start the Bluetooth search from your smartphone and you can see “BeoPlay A1”, the connection shall be automated, the LED will go back white and you’ll hear a sound sign to let you recognize that the smartphone is related.
Nicely you're related, now you simply need to start out the music or a call.
If you don’t want to make use of your smartphone, you’ll be able to routinely begin the music of the final system related with the last music supply used utilizing the connect button next to the bluetooth one.
You may also connect 2 units at the similar time I find it very useful once I use it related to the PC by way of bluetooth to take heed to music and I additionally depart the telephone related with a purpose to notice if someone calls me and have the ability to use the speakerphone.
That is really a gem that I had never had the pleasure of making an attempt.
By means of the USB-A to USB-C charging cable included in the package deal we will connect the BeoPlay A1 to a PC, it can join mechanically (tested with Home windows 10) and will probably be acknowledged by Windows as an external speaker, and on the similar time it’s going to recharge.  (want the cable not included in the package deal)
I recommend it provided that you’ll be able to't use one of the previous two connection modes, to transmit from a Three.5 mm jack enter. Will probably be adequate to insert the jacks to the speaker and to the Transmitter system.
Keys, LEDs and operation:
If we imagine BeoPlay A1 as a dangling clock we’ll discover keys and sockets so arranged:
The leather strap to hang it or just hold it in your hand
– On-off energy change
– Connection notification LED (white and blue)
– Plus and minus keys for the quantity administration
– aux socket
– USB-C socket
– Battery notification LED (purple, orange and green)
– join button ( practically the basic play to start out the music playback)
– Bluetooth key for pairing
– Key with microphone, briefly click on name to reply, lengthy click to hold up the call, throughout a click name to disable the audio (the LED turns pink) or for reactivation arlo (the LED turns green) or to start out voice assistants like Google Now or Siri. Double click on on call to switch audio from A1 to smartphone and vice versa
– Name notification led (Inexperienced Purple)
Listening to music:
I recommend disabling any equalizers set in your smartphone ! So you’ll respect the usual equalization after which ultimately you possibly can take motion modifying it as you want with the equalizer of your smartphone or instantly with its App (obtainable for Android and Ios however we’ll see it later)
The sound is actually powerful for its measurement and widespread at 360 °.
I detected a very powerful close sound strain of 90 dB and the sound high quality is flawless on all frequencies.
I loved going by means of totally different musical genres Punk, Jazz, Pop, Classical, disco music.
I was very impressed with the sound high quality in each music, there was no distortion at full volume and the sound is nicely balanced for all musical genres.
You will hardly be capable of take heed to it to the fullest, the quantity could be very high.
The sore level is an annoying rustling noise that I perceive especially in very quiet environments and when there isn’t any music being played. From a Speacker B&O I did not anticipate such genuine rustlings, and I don't even assume there were the primary days of use. That would rely upon my checks of resistance to the sketches made? I have no idea, the very fact is that now I detect these Three-Four dB of noise if I measure with the sound degree meter placed simply above the case (35db in a silent room with A1 off 39 with A1 turned on to offer you an concept of rustling). For practical functions there’s to say that then this rustling is imperceptible even from 1 meter away from the speacker and the much less you hear once we play music, but however it bothers me that there’s.
Immune to water splashes :
As you possibly can see from the photographs to check what B&O promises I splashed the BeoPlay A1 speaker abundantly with water to see if it resists.
No, I'm not loopy, I need to evaluate 360 ° species if it's a Vine evaluate where the product was invited free of charge just for this function. I feel it’s the minimum to do checks of what they promise not?
Properly the BeoPlay A1 appears to have resisted completely, I still doubt, nevertheless, on that rustle
mysterious that I had not observed there was the primary days of use , so I might advise towards exposing it to ample splashes of water for safety and completely not immersing it, waterproofing is just not certified
Operation of two units simultaneously in stereo:
Sure as far as I feel are extra reviewers Vine that finish users having two to make them work together, this risk when you have a price range of round 500 € is feasible. You will have to use the BeoPlay app and comply with the directions so as to have a stereo sound synchronized between the 2 BeoPlay A1.
App Beoplay: (out there for Android and Ios)
We're not likely going to start out by saying what it does and so you’ll understand instantly should you need it or if you can do with out it:
- indispensable to make use of two audio system in stereo mode
- quantity adjustment
- equalizer adjustment
- remaining battery indication of the speaker A1
- play cease forwards and backwards from the music participant presently in use
Simply these are the one issues that permit us to make this easy and never very useful app. I used to be somewhat dissatisfied and I uninstalled it after a while because it is practically useless having only one BeoPlay A1 speaker, the one factor that would assist me is to see the battery indicator.
I have additionally observed that this App does a bit what it needs, for instance even when the A1 shouldn’t be related to the smartphone by way of bluetooth and we open the app the speaker will join routinely even when it does not notify it in the Android notification bar, what of little importance nevertheless it had never occurred to me and I point it out to you. In the long run I canceled the app as a result of I can do every part even without seeing the state of charge of the battery, but by no means thoughts.
by means of the BeoPlay Software Update app for Home windows or Mac it is attainable to replace the firmware, I did it immediately 2 July 2016 the newest version is 5.1.1 but truthfully I don't know which version was there earlier than and I didn't discover any differences from first to after, I solely have the knowledge that it has been updated as a result of re-executing the operation now says that there’s already the newest model out there
The capability is 2200 mAh and has a particularly long life.
I personally examined the battery life: over eight hours listening solely by way of Bluetooth at a mean quantity, the manufacturer says up to 24 hours I presume you converse of minimal volume.
When the cost drops to 15%, the LED lights up pink and when it falls under 10% it starts to flash purple.
To recharge it, connect it with the suitable cable to a USB port or to a basic cell phone charger and the LED will flash orange during charging. Battery charging time Three hours, at the finish of charging the LED turns green
The mystery of the synchronized keys:
This thing is absurd and I do not clarify it to you but I need to inform you.
The primary few days of use, I soon discover that the quantity keys on BeoPlay A1 aren’t synchronized with the quantity of the Android system, and subsequently to make certain of reaching the maximum quantity I needed to flip up the quantity on the smartphone and in addition on the quantity keys of the speaker . One thing of little significance but eager to make the troublesome, a smallness sure, but annoying. After a couple of days of use I needed to remove the pairing with my smartphone and repeat the operations from scratch to ensure I remembered them properly and will write to them on this assessment. I remade the whole lot with out issues and what do I find out? that the keys at the moment are synchronized with the telephone volume fortunately. Unbelievable, however I can't clarify the rationale why I requested several reviewers and the one two who answered me confirmed to me that the quantity keys aren’t synchronized with the telephone. Being curious, I additionally tried to ask in this assessment, however I didn't get any answers, I requested Amazon's Vine department that promptly invited me to contact B&O, however it didn't answer me in any respect. I sit up for a reply and will update the assessment if I reply or find out the rationale for this modification within the quantity keys.
I simply need to clarify some things that I have already excluded as attainable perpetrators of this oddity:
- does not middle the firmware update because the keys are synchronized before updating it.
- does not middle the app as a result of this occurs even after having canceled the app
- does not middle my Nexus 6P because I tried then and it happens the identical on the Nexus 5x and in addition on the previous Nexus 4
Certainly a superb bluetooth speaker, definitely the perfect ever tried, but from a B&O system I didn’t anticipate such a poor app, a residual noise to a minimal, and such a hiding customer service.
If in case you have come this far in the studying I hope I have clarified at the least a part of the ideas on this object, and that you’ll have understood if it is for you. In case you are interested, here is the BeoPlay A1 hyperlink
Comply with us on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and Telegram, to communicate with us and our guides.
And on Instagram you possibly can comply with me if you want to see what else in addition to making an attempt issues 🙂
Runner, beer drinker, pc science, know-how, images, power saving, residence automation and automation, every part that revolves around the Web.