An air purifier just isn’t an air air purifier and not using a HEPA filter. Robust phrases, regardless that it does maintain some point to it. On this greatest HEPA air purifier for residence record, we’ll study concerning the many forms of HEPA filter, why is it necessary, what can the filter cease and who is it for. To qualify in this listing, every HEPA air purifiers must embrace a reliable pre-filter, adopted by a genuine HEPA filter. Lastly, the HEPA machine should be capable of cater for most house with adequate airflow output and purifying protection. At the finish of the day, there’s sure to be at the very least one HEPA air cleaner that might suit your wants.
- 1 Greatest HEPA Air Air purifier 2019
- 2 HEPA Sort VS True HEPA filter: What’s the Distinction?
- 3 How to choose the most effective HEPA air purifier.
What is HEPA filter?
Acronym for Excessive Effectivity Particulate Air, HEPA filter is a quite common and efficient mechanical air filter present in most trendy air purifiers. Created from skinny interlaced fibers, HEPA filter can remove harmful particles as small as zero.three microns at an efficient price of 99.97%. One of the best HEPA air air purifier brand resembling IQAir, Blueair might go even further by eradicating the tiniest potential airborne particles that can’t be captured by normal filter.
How can we measure?
Who is that this for?
Nearly anyone that desires recent clean air free from allergens, bacteria, and viruses. Asthmatic affected person or individuals with hyperallergic would benefit drastically from cleaner air. Young and previous that are likely to have weakened immune system especially child and youngsters. A person staying in high moisture house that’s continually preventing towards mould. An individual staying in a nasty surroundings neighborhood resembling industrial space or subsequent to a freeway, lastly and surprisingly to most, staying close to nature/ countryside with windows large open to seasonally inviting pollen from invasion.
Greatest HEPA Air Air purifier 2019
HyperHEPA Filter H12/13 (L)
1098 sq. ft. (102 m2)
When you can’t go flawed with any of IQAir HealthPro fashions, we picked IQAir HealthPro Plus as our primary greatest HEPA air purifier for one purpose: It produces THE greatest filter on the planet. With improved filtration fee at every era, HyperHEPA Filter can remove the tiniest, microscopic particles as small as zero.zero03 micron measurement. Exceptional given commonplace HEPA filter can only lure particles at greatest zero.three microns. Different useful features embrace a complicated PreMax pre-filter to deal with on bigger airborne particles, vast purifying coverage that help any room measurement and ample of airflow delivery fee by way of its extremely adjustable 6 velocity.
Although all IQAir HealthPro air air purifier utilizes the identical HyperHEPA filter, the Plus model is the bulkiness because of the added V5-Cell Fuel & Odor Filter MG carbon filter slot. Another niggling point is the lacks Auto mode and AQ sensor; both options out there in most air air purifier listed right here. In the event you can reside with the few cons plus the premium worth, IQAir HealthPro Plus should all the time be in your bucket record.
- Made in Switzerland craftsmanship with robust influence resistant ABS plastic and zero-leak triple-seal know-how.
- PreMax pre-filter that is capable of capturing both giant and micro-particles akin to pollen, spores, mould.
- Efficient V5-Cell MG Granular activated Carbon filter that take up and eradicate all kinds smoke and odor.
- HyperHEPA is one of the best True HEPA filter we reviewed that is capable of trapping ultra-particles right down to 0.zero03 microns.
- Long-lasting filter. True HEPA filter has Four years lifespan, Carbon filter has 2 years lifespan and even pre-filter has a 18 months lifespan.
- Licensed high quality and performance. Every air air purifier are individually examined to ensure the air air purifier meets the strict specs.
- Noise degree is significantly low in its phase given the air air purifier airflow power and velocity.
- Highly effective 320 degree airflow distribution that provides one of the widest purifying coverage.
- Up to 6 selectable fanspeed that can be adjusted by way of remote management.
- Built-in programmable timer that permits specific fanspeed, time, day or week scheduling.
- Straightforward layer filter alternative that slides out individually as an alternative of typical front cowl type.
- Industrial main 10 years guarantee.
- Very costly (3 occasions of ordinary air air purifier worth).
- No mud & odor sensors = no automated fan velocity setting and air high quality indicator.
- Cumbersome and heavy that’s troublesome to move round even with carrying deal with and casters.
Blueair Basic 500/600 Collection Particle Filter
775 sq. ft. (72 m2)
Blueair has probably the most full collection air purifiers that cover small “studio” to giant “mansion” room measurement (see Blueair Professional XL purifying coverage). We picked this over other basic range fashions because it’s higher balanced between worth, airflow and purifying coverage. Let’s start with the essential, Blueair 605 commonplace particle filter could be very effective towards allergic reactions inflicting mould and pollen as small as zero.1 microns. The HEPASilent know-how is able to attaining most filtration effectivity because of the pre-filter and ionizer combined effort in removing giant airborne particles. Adding the large purifying range that fits into most residence, this highly reputable HEPA machine is an effective various to IQAir HealthPro Plus without sacrificing any of the fashionable practicality (i.e. Auto mode, air quality display).
Similar air purifier buying rules utilized to Blueair fashions, the extra powerful the air air purifier is, the dearer and bulkier it is going to be. No exception with the large Blueair Basic 605. If you’d like a extra space-efficient unit without giving up on the Wi-Fi connectivity function, you may downgrade to either Blueair 405 or 205.
- Widest purifying protection and strongest airflow in its Basic collection.
- HEPASilent Know-how that electrostatically cost particles before passing to filter media.
- Highly efficient gradient structured particle filter and SmokeStop Filter.
- Very spectacular dust, pollen and smoke CADR return.
- Prime-notch construct quality with its durable galvanized steel body.
- Wi-Fi connects simply and works nicely with the intuitive Blueair Pal app or Amazon Alexa.
- As much as 5 years warranty.
- The costliest model in Blueair Basic collection.
- Very high annual filter alternative value.
- Lacks stand-alone pre-filter that might seize giant particles from different filters.
- Lacks built-in air sensors for air quality monitoring and Auto mode. Requires the addon purchase Blueair Conscious monitor to enable the function.
- Bulky and heavy although we anticipate no less.
360 sq. ft. (33 m2)
Winix model also have a diverse portfolio ranging from the entry-level Winix 5300-2 to advanced Winix T1. Relatively than advocate Winix HR1000 that has all the fashionable techs including Wi-Fi help and a complete 5-stage filtration, we decided to maintain this greatest HEPA air air purifier record in stability by going with Winix 5500-2; The cheaper but still outfitted with an equally effective True HEPA filter. The primary cause for Winix 5500-2 inclusion is the air air purifier handle to carry out exceptionally properly because of the permanent pre-filter that take out all giant particles upfront. Winix 5500-2 supportive airflow (with auto mode) and broad purifying protection additionally permit the air purifier to cover medium to giant room measurement including dwelling hall
Winix 5500-2 isn’t the smallest in the class, nor it is the least expensive. You can go together with many other cheaper air purifiers but in the long run, there’s a trade-off with either poorer airflow efficiency or features. Alternatively, the older Winix U450 can also be an excellent various which we also highly advocate.
- Tremendous engaging worth (after on-line rebate) when you consider its specification.
- Respectable CADR that covers medium room measurement by way of its 4-stage PlasmaWave filtration.
- Real, True-HEPA filter works as advertised. Wonderful in eradicating allergens and other microorganisms.
- Use a standalone AOC carbon filter somewhat than low cost out on a carbon pre-filter sheet.
- Full entry distant management including the mode selector.
- Four fan velocity plus Auto/ Sleep mode with mild sensor. Sleep mode autonomously adjusts the LED indicator brightness in accordance with the room ambient mild.
- Built-in timer with 3 pre-set choice (1, Four, 8 hours).
- Not excellent, but an improved 2 years warranty (Winix 5500 solely comes with 1-year).
- We like the dedicated AOC carbon filter, nevertheless it’s not the perfect out there with regards to robust, pungent odor.
- During our check, there’s a brief delay earlier than 5500-2 reacts to surrounding particles. Either the odor sensor requires cleansing or the sensor takes its own candy time to detect.
815 sq. ft. (76 m2)
Put aside the changeable front panel and temper mild aesthetic enhancement, there are loads of strong causes to select Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-780A as your every day air purifier. It has a comprehensive purifying radius (815 sq. ft to be actual), a reliable HEPA filter (zero.3 microns/ 99.97% filtration fee), and lots of supportive filters (pre-filter, medium filter, carbon filter). In addition, there are 4 out there options for the custom-made filter where you would choose from Germ Defense, Toxin Absorber, Pet Allergy, Odor Remover. This is little question probably the most complete, air purifier for asthma and allergic reactions.
Like IQAir or Bluair, Rabbit MinusA2 is on the expensive aspect despite the fact that annual filter alternative is relatively low cost. In case you need a primary air air purifier with out all the addons and mumbo jumbo, think about the cheaper Rabbit Air BioGS 2.zero.
- Full depth 6-stage filtration with improved airflow performance and coverage.
- Low filter alternative value despite having many added filters.
- Lovely, sq. design with temper mild shade bar.
- Wall-mountable with plenty of custom-made front panel design (optionally available buy).
- Effective First line filtration (Pre-filter, Medium and HEPA filter).
- Four Customizable filter choices, AC carbon filter and Damaging Ion Generator.
- 5 fanspeed with Auto/ Pollen/ Sleep mode.
- Separate Particle, odor and lightweight sensor. Particle/ air quality sensors sensitivity may be adjusted.
- Sensitive Sleep mode that modify the velocity mechanically when mild is out.
- Five-year warranty with free return.
- All of the added options helped push the worth up to premium class.
- For the worth you paid, there are better alternate choices solely on coverage, CADR and airflow.
- Far from mild regardless of being a wall-mountable unit with back wall-bracket.
Giant Particle Pre-filter
Medium Particle Pre-filter
60 sq.ft. True Medical Grade HEPA
1500 sq. ft. (139 m2)
Austin Air in all probability has probably the most similar lineup when it comes to exterior design. We select the standard HealthMate as it is the least expensive air air purifier without getting penalized on its airflow supply performance. What’s great with Austin Air HealthMate air air purifier is it has the exact same in depth purifying protection in any fashions, plus the same trio “pre-filter” that filter out as many airborne particles as attainable leaving the 60 sq. ft. HEPA filter area to work its magic. The all-in-one cartridge which consists of a HEPA filter has an impressive lifespan up to 5 years; the perfect in this listing by a far margin.
What’s lacking in Austin Air functionality might be present in virtually any modern day air purifiers. Options like air high quality sensors, Auto mode, timer, and so much extra are all not obtainable here. Not an enormous deal for some however is the things you need to be informed up entrance. There’s also a Jr version for many of its lineup that minimize down on measurement and worth for the trade-off for a smaller purifying protection.
- Nice for all room sizes with its complete purifying coverage.
- Trio pre-filter (outer mesh, pre-filter, medium filter) that scale back the workload of the HEPA filter.
- Highly efficient 15 lbs. Activated carbon zeolite filter.
- Comprehensive 60 sq. ft. HEPA filter.
- Durable and durable powdered coated steel.
- Up to 5 years filter lifespan.
- 5 years manufacturer guarantee.
- Loud fan noise with no choice of silent/ sleep mode.
- Very cumbersome and heavy despite having a casters to help.
- Problem filter alternative that requires filter to be unscrew from the underside.
- Slight revolutionary options akin to auto mode, digital display, air high quality indicator,/ sensor, timer.
HRF-AP1 Filter A Common Carbon Pre-filter (1 pack)
HRF-R3 Honeywell Filter R True HEPA (3 pack)
465 sq. ft. (43 m2)
Honeywell has probably the most air air purifier presently listed in its secure where nearly all of its model is aimed toward low to mid-range market. No shock as as soon as again, we listed Honeywell HPA300 as part of our best HEPA air air purifier for house. It value the least, has a smaller body configuration but with out compromising an excessive amount of on airflow performance. The robust CADR help push Honeywell HPA300 purifying coverage up high cater for medium to giant room measurement. Managing all the airborne mud, smoke and odors is the primary line carbon pre-filter whereas smaller microscopic allergens will then be eradicated by the well-protected HEPA filter. With many Honeywell fashions shipped worldwide, there isn’t any doubt HPA300 air air purifier confirmed monitor report and reliability are the actual deal.
Like Austin Air, Honeywell HPA300 HEPA air air purifier is obvious on options however understandably so because of the lower cost tag and measurement issue. For smaller house or room sizes, you may downsize to the cheaper Honeywell HPA200 and even cheaper HPA100.
- Very affordable worth with distinctive purifying coverage and CADR.
- Adjustable 4 fan velocity together with Turbo mode.
- Twin perform Carbon Pre-filter that is good towards dust and delicate fuel based mostly particles.
- Confirmed True-HEPA filter that could be very effective towards fantastic airborne particles.
- Separate digital filter change reminder with one for HEPA and the opposite for carbon pre-filter.
- Devoted mild dimming choice and three pre-set timer.
- 5 years warranty.
- Lacks air quality sensor subsequently no Auto mode and air quality indicator.
- Barely expensive annual filter alternative value.
- Touch buttons just isn’t probably the most pleasant to function with little feedback.
Max2 (Inexperienced True HEPA filter)
1256 sq. ft. (117 m2)
Between all the other Airmega models, Airmega 300 will get the nod here as it has the most cost effective beginning worth. In contrast to every other air air purifier listed here that uses 1 pre-filter as a part of the purification, Airmega 300 makes use of 2 pre-filter on each side to evenly filter out giant particles coming from left and right. Consequently, Green True HEPA filter has the simplest activity in trapping microscopic allergens, germs, and micro organism. There’s additionally the very vast purifying protection devoted giant room measurement, constant airflow circulation to go with properly on Airmega 300 general filtration together with a wholesome of options which you’ll be able to see in the specification under.
What’s powering current Airmega air purifier lineup is identical Max2 filtration set (twin pre-filter + Green True HEPA filter), so in principle, Airmega 300 might be not one of the best value in its bunch as the slightly costlier S model comes with Wi-Fi control help for remote access. Once more prime up a bit of bit further, you possibly can have the 400 model that gives superior filtration efficiency with the identical set of options.
- Very large purifying protection regardless of being the least expensive in its collection.
- Dual pre-filter that traps giant particles coming from each side. Also shield and extent the inside filter lifespan.
- Wonderful allergens and smoke filtration by way of its Inexperienced True HEPA/ Carbon filter.
- Auto mode that is sensitive to surrounding air high quality.
- Separate Pre-filter and MAX2 filter lifetime indicator.
- Built-in timer with out having to rely on the app.
- Clear and accurate real-time air high quality show indicator.
- Acceptable annual Max2 filter alternative value for its higher-end class.
- 5 years official warranty from Coway.
- Nonetheless costly despite being the most cost effective mannequin in the group.
- After online discounted worth, you solely have to prime up slightly bit more for the Wi-Fi model (300S).
- Lacks auto sleep mode and real-time filter alternative indicator found in 400/ 400S fashions.
- No Ionizer as a further filtration choice.
🏆 Honorable mention
- Whirlpool air purifiers The model that always goes beneath the radar despite having many good air purifiers.
- Winix U450 won’t be the newest air purifier in its line up, it is nonetheless extremely able to producing distinctive protection towards the tiniest airborne particles.
- Costly granted, Airgle air purifiers can also be worthy of a shout with its cHEPA filter.
📃 Previous holder
- Winix HR1000
- Alen BeatheSmart Fit50
Greatest HEPA Air Air purifier Comparability Desk
Regularly Asked Questions FAQ
HEPA Sort VS True HEPA filter: What’s the Distinction?
The key differences between HEPA Sort VS True HEPA filter are the filtration effectivity. Typically HEPA sort filter has a 99% efficiency capture price of particles as small as 2 microns (dust, hair, pet dander, pollen). True HEPA filter up the game with a better 99.97% effectivity seize price of particles as small as zero.3 microns (allergen, micro organism, virus). As both mechanical filters are extensively used within the air air purifier business, HEPA-type filter is usually pair with cheaper, compact air air purifier while True HEPA is more than probably tag with the bigger, premium air purifier. As for filter longevity, you’ll typically discover HEPA sort filter with an extended lasting, or everlasting lifespan (washable) while it’s virtually inconceivable to affiliate it with True HEPA filter. Each forms of filters can lure nearly any indoor airborne particles nevertheless, if seasonal allergens and micro organism is your most important concern, an air air purifier with True HEPA filter is the one to go for.
How to choose the most effective HEPA air purifier.
“The previous cliché” select your companion correctly applies to the air purifier world. Once you made an air purifier yours, very possible the purifying machine can be stuck with you for a very long time. Selecting an air air purifier with confirmed True HEPA filter may be the distinction between day and night time. Additionally think about elements like the overall dimension, airflow efficiency, purifying vary, and price of ownership that may instantly or indirectly affect the air cleaner effectivity.
9 Ideas for Selecting the perfect HEPA Air Purifier
- Value of possession – There’s a number of respected air purifiers that is under the $200 mark nevertheless, its the annual filter alternative is going to kill you. Think about the filter lifespan for long-run.
- Measurement and weight – Usually solely console air purifier can accommodate a full-size HEPA filter which translate to raised general filtration efficiency. There are few exceptional models though.
- CADR/ Airflow performance – This one is a no brainer. With larger airflow/ CADR output, extra airborne particles can be pushed to the filter to seize at each go.
- Room measurement – First measure the room measurement where you determined to put the air air purifier. Then cross-check if the actual mannequin will have the ability to fulfill that with a minimum of 2 air fees of airflow.
- HEPA filter – Arguably an important issue right here. All the time go together with True HEPA filter that has at the least 99.97% effectivity price on particles as small as 0.three microns. Everlasting filter or HEPA-type filter merely won’t reduce it.
- Other filters (Pre-filter, Carbon filter, Ionizer…) – HEPA filter alone can’t deal with the various kinds of airborne pollutants. You will want a Pre-filter to dam out dust/ hair, a Carbon filter to take away smoke/ odor, Ionizer to break apart stubborn particles and the record goes on and on.
- Supportive features (Auto/ Sleep mode, timer) – Having comfort but sensible features like Auto mode, Sleep mode or timer would make working an air air purifier an entire bliss.
- Power consumption and noise degree – Having an energy-efficiency unit with affordable noise degree can decide how habitable the air cleaner is as customers will possible run it all day daily.
- Branding popularity – A filter based mostly air air purifier don’t break down fairly often as just isn’t a classy know-how. Selecting a good brand not only guarantees higher after-sale providers and warranty claim, you’re additionally getting an assuring purifying know-how that the corporate has invested tons of on research and testing.